Table of Contents
- Listen to the Show on iTunes
- Stream the Director's Cut (FULL VERSION) Topic-by-Topic
- Show Notes
- 3 Action Steps
- How to Get More Free Training from Leigh Goldstein
- Resources and Links
- About Leigh Goldstein
- Help Us Out (Review and Share)
- Get Free Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
- Listen to and Download the Podcast (EDITED)
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Stream the Director's Cut
FULL VERSION (1:01:01)
Back to Top
- Leigh was a musician and a business owner before he started trading!
- Trading was something that Leigh was always intrinsically drawn to, and the evolution of the internet drove his ability to learn how to trade
- Leigh's first big winning trade was a mistake!
- Leigh became a profitable trader when he learned exactly what kind of trader he wanted to be
- Leigh is an early riser, and starts his day monitoring the markets
- Truthfully, Leigh doesn't care what market he's trading, and there are a few reasons for that
- Leigh's favorite strategy is the breakout
- Leigh is less of a discretionary trader than someone who is just starting out, because he trades based on events
- It doesn't!
- The fear level that comes along with a smaller account makes it prudent to be more careful than if you had a large account
- Some risk is limited automatically by brokers, but there are some key things smart traders always keep in mind
- JOBB uses NinjaTrader, but Leigh has a few others that he recommends, also
- Leigh loves "the squeeze"
- Absolutely! Leigh's trading plan serves several purposes
- Leigh thinks that having a trading journal is the most important thing a trader can have
- Leigh's love of people drives him, but being in the market at the risk of losing money is the thing he likes the least
- Discovering news trading made all the difference for Leigh
- Revenge trading led Leigh to his worst month
- Being able to help others make money is the best thing that has ever happened to Leigh, and he is able to do that because people trusted him
- Leigh's advice to his 20-year old self is something that he parents used to tell him when he was growing up
- Success to Leigh is not monetary
- Leigh feels lucky to have had the opportunity to follow his dreams, and he doesn't regret any of that
- Leigh would have pursued his first passion, music, at a younger age
- The biggest challenge is to stay profitable
- The inability to take a loss is something that many traders struggle with.
- Losing money publicly has forced Leigh's mindset to evolve
- Stick it out! Losing streaks are learning experiences
- Leigh loved "Mastering the Trade" by John Carter
- Leigh wants to build up the trading room at JOBB
- www.NewJOBB.com is the best way to contact Leigh
- Do your research and surround yourself with people you can trust
- Traderview Episode 004 - Show Notes
3 Action Steps
- Keep a journal
- Keep a level head
- Fund yourself enough to overcome fear
How to Get More Free Training from Leigh Goldstein
Get More Free Training from Leigh Goldstein: www.newjobb.com
Resources and Links
- NinjaTrader – http://www.ninjatrader.com
- Infinity Futures – http://www.infinityfutures.com
- TradeStation – http://www.tradestation.com
- Think or Swim (TOS) – http://www.thinkorswim.com
- Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas – http://amzn.to/2fkWqS2
- Mastering the Trade by John Carter – http://amzn.to/2fkQQiu
About Leigh Goldstein
Leigh studied music at The Berklee College of Music and The Boston Conservatory.He moved to New York City in 1978 and started one of the first computer software and hardware game stores where he retailed Atari computers and Colecovision, Sega and Nintendo gaming consoles.In the 1980's he integrated mail order music software and Midi products through the retail operation, being one of the first music software mail order retailers in the world.
After the business closed in 2001, Leigh began trading stocks and learned the art of futures trading. He has been trading for over 15 years, and is now considered an expert at news trading.
Help Us Out (Review and Share)If you had just ONE "a-ha" moment during this podcast, or got at least one good resource out of it, please help us spread the word by sharing this page via your favorite social media account, and by giving us an honest review on iTunes. It only takes 30 seconds and you'll be helping out fellow traders and creating all sorts of good karma. Click one of the buttons below to share this podcast. Then CLICK HERE for instructions on how to leave a review on iTunes. We'd love a 5-star review, but only if you really mean it -- it's important that your review is completely honest. Thanks for helping us spread the word!
Get Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
Watch "over the shoulder" of a professional trader (via webinar) as he trades LIVE in the markets, calling out trades well in advance so you can follow along in simulation and dramatically accelerate your progress toward your goals.
Get your questions answered, learn good money-management skills, and see the orders placed on the chart well before trades happens.
Most importantly, get personalized feedback on how to overcome the obstacles that have held you back so far in your trading career.
And it's all included when you join the WINNER'S Circle Membership at WINvesting.