Table of Contents
- Listen to the Show on iTunes
- Stream the Director's Cut (FULL VERSION) Topic-by-Topic
- Show Notes
- 3 Action Steps
- How to Get More Free Training from Gabriel Brent
- Resources and Links
- About Gabriel Brent
- Help Us Out (Review and Share)
- Get Free Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
- Listen to and Download the Podcast (EDITED)
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Stream the Director's Cut
FULL VERSION (1:13:51)
Back to Top
Q: Tell us about your background.
- Gabriel talks about his background and experience
Q: Who or what inspired you to become a trader?
- Gabriel was inspired by a stock market game from the 90's
Q: Do you remember your first big winning trade? What did you do with the money?
- Gabriel's first big winning trade was on the Russell2000. He bought a steak dinner and gave money to charity
Q: At what point did trading become your primary source of income?
- It was 2007 when Gabriel transitioned from his old career to day trading
Q: What does a typical day look like for you?
- A typical day starts with coffee and family time before settling in for a couple hours of day trading. Gabriel controls a fund with money in ETFs and stocks.
Q: What markets do you trade and why?
- Gabriel likes to trade Crude and the Mini Dow and Mini Nasdaq markets because they can be small losses
Q: What is your favorite trading strategy in today's market?
- Gabriel like to buy and sell pullbacks
Q: What is different about your approach compared to other traders?
- His shines when looking at all the strategies when looking at the bar graphs.
- Gabriel finds a better audience with older traders because he is price and bar based.
- He reads price actions and can understands equations
Q: How does your strategy differ for generating income versus building wealth?
- Focus on targets and there should be no need for different strategies
Q: How would you trade a $5,000 account differently than a $50,000 account?
- Gabriel thinks you should make changes in strategy based on one key factor
Q: How do you limit risk?
- Gabriel utilizes a business plan and a trade plan to limit risk.
- Know the laws of probability and always have them in your favor
Q: What trading platform do you use primarily?
- Gabriel primarily uses Ninja Trader but also likes another online platform
Q: Which indicator could you not live without?
- Gabriel could not live without his own software, APAzones
Q: Do you have a written trading plan that you reference every day?
- Yes, he has a systematic outline of objectives
Q: Do you keep a trading journal?
- Yes, and he also uses another tool to help with this
Q: What do you like most about trading and what do you like the least?
- The same thing that Gabriel enjoys most is what he enjoys least
Q: Was there a specific turning point where you went from consistently losing money to being consistently profitable?
- Learning to read price actions was pivotal for Gabriel
Q: What was your best month as a trader? Your worst month?
Gabriel's best month was a couple of years ago, and his worst was in August of 2012
Q: Do you have a favorite story about how your success in the market allowed you to impact the lives of others?
- Trading has allowed Gabriel give more money to charities and orphanages, which hold a special place in his heart
Q: If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
- Pay more attention to the math
Q: How do you measure success in life?
- Gabriel measures success by the number of people you touch and the number of people you help
Q: What have you had to sacrifice to get where you are today?
- Gabriel's number one sacrifice is something he can never get back
Q: If you could do it all over again, is there anything that you would have done differently?
- Gabriel would have developed his software and learned to read bars sooner
Q. What is your biggest challenge as a trader?
- Like many traders, Gabriel tries to do too much with his time
Q: What is the biggest difference between successful traders and unsuccessful traders?
- Successful traders have more control over their emotions, whereas unsuccessful people do not leave room for the market to move
Q: How has your mindset evolved over time?
- Gabriel has come to realize you start with small accounts and work your way into the big stuff
Q: How should someone handle losing streaks?
- Remember that a losing streak does not necessarily mean you are a bad trader; the market can be unforgiving at times
Q: Which time frame do you find best to trade crude and do you use time, tick and range charts?
- In tick and time charts, Gabriel uses 16, 15 and 1 minute. In range, he uses 5 minute frames
Q: If you had the power to make something required reading for every high school senior in the world, what would that be?
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Q: What is the next step in your evolution as a trader?
- Funding traders in the community and teaching a pastor how to trade
Q: What is the best way to get in touch with you?
- APA zones website
- YouTube channel
TradingView ID: GQman
- Traderview Episode 005 - Show Notes
3 Action Steps
- Have a plan
- Follow the plan
- Keep a journal
How to Get More Free Training from Gabriel Brent
Get More Free Training from Gabriel Brent: www.apazones.com
Resources and Links
- Gabriel’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExKRhm_ECHAwkZzebETD8A
- NinjaTrader – https://www.WINvesting.com/ninjatrader
- TradingView - https://www.tradingview.com
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - http://amzn.to/2fiIwLD
- Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason - http://amzn.to/2f6iBcF
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki - http://amzn.to/2gjczIh
About Gabriel Brent
Help Us Out (Review and Share)If you had just ONE "a-ha" moment during this podcast, or got at least one good resource out of it, please help us spread the word by sharing this page via your favorite social media account, and by giving us an honest review on iTunes. It only takes 30 seconds and you'll be helping out fellow traders and creating all sorts of good karma. Click one of the buttons below to share this podcast. Then CLICK HERE for instructions on how to leave a review on iTunes. We'd love a 5-star review, but only if you really mean it -- it's important that your review is completely honest. Thanks for helping us spread the word!
Get Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
Watch "over the shoulder" of a professional trader (via webinar) as he trades LIVE in the markets, calling out trades well in advance so you can follow along in simulation and dramatically accelerate your progress toward your goals.
Get your questions answered, learn good money-management skills, and see the orders placed on the chart well before trades happens.
Most importantly, get personalized feedback on how to overcome the obstacles that have held you back so far in your trading career.
And it's all included when you join the WINNER'S Circle Membership at WINvesting.