Table of Contents
- Listen to the Show on iTunes
- Stream the Director's Cut (FULL VERSION) Topic-by-Topic
- Show Notes
- 3 Action Steps
- How to Get More Free Training from Anka Metcalf
- Resources and Links
- About Anka Metcalf
- Help Us Out (Review and Share)
- Get Free Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
- Listen to and Download the Podcast (EDITED)
Listen to the Show on iTunes
Stream the Director's Cut
FULL VERSION (1:20:44)
Back to Top
Q: Tell us about your background.
- Anka was born in Romania, but traveled frequently due to her father’s positionas a UN diplomat
- Anka’s relationship with the financial industry was NOT love at first sight
Q: Who or what inspired you to become a trader?
- Being in the financial industry and seeing traders in action attracted Anka to trading
Q: Do you remember your first big winning trade? What did you do with the money?
- Nobody forgets their first big trade!
- Anka reinvested the funds from her first big win
Q: At what point did trading become your primary source of income?
- Anka waited until she was financially stable before she quit her job and became a day trader
Q: What does a typical day look like for you?
- Anka views each day as a 24-hour cycle in which you need to be organized and have a routine that you repeat each day
Q: What markets do you trade and why?
- Anka day trades futures and swing trades stocks and ETFs
Q: What is your favorite trading strategy in today's market?
- Anka’s favorite strategy is the one that works! However, she is partial to one strategy in particular
Q: What is different about your approach compared to other traders?
- Patience is one of Anka’s strong suits, and not everyone has this quality
Q: How does your strategy differ for generating income versus building wealth?
- When Anka trades for income, she has a separate account specifically for income from which she can withdraw when need be
Q: How would you trade a $5,000 account differently than a $50,000 account?
- The size of the account has no bearing on how Anka trades
Q: How do you limit risk?
- Anka views money as the most precious commodity and managing the security of your account is more important than any other aspect
Q: What trading platform do you use primarily?
- Think or Swim by TD Ameritrade is Anka’s platform of choice
Q: Which indicator could you not live without?
- Anka hates indicators but she is a big believer in pure price action
Q: Do you have a written trading plan that you reference every day?
- Anka has not always had a trading plan, but she does now!
Q: Do you keep a trading journal?
- Yes! This is a very important tool and something that Anka believes every trader MUST have
Q: What do you like most about trading and what do you like the least?
- Trading provides freedom to work as many or as few hours as you want and take vacations whenever you feel the itch, which is important to someone who travels often, like Anka does
- Trading even allowed Anka to take a whole year off recently!
- The freedom does come with a catch...
Q: Was there a specific turning point where you went from consistently losing money to being consistently profitable?
- There was one asset that Anka had that kept her from having losing streaks early on in her career
Q: What was your best month as a trader? Your worst month?
- Being consistent in the wake of good months or bad months gives Anka the edge she needs to be profitable
Q: If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
- Start sooner!
Q: How do you measure success in life?
- Anka believes that balance and setting goals is a good measure for success
Q: What have you had to sacrifice to get where you are today?
- Trading is not a job where you get instant gratification, so you must make sacrifices in order to get to a place where you can be successful
Q: If you could do it all over again, is there anything that you would have done differently?
- Anka would start sooner
Q. What is your biggest challenge as a trader?
- Market direction is a big challenge for Anka as a swing trader
Q: What is the biggest difference between successful traders and unsuccessful traders?
There are two key factors that set successful traders and unsuccessful traders apart
Q: What is the most important piece of advice you’d give to a new trader?
- Find your niche and then get educated!
Q: How has your mindset evolved over time?
- Mindset and risk management go together for Anka
Q: How should someone handle losing streaks?
- Embrace them!
Q: If you don’t use indicators, why do you love TOS charts?
- Anka likes the clarity and accuracy that they provide
Q: When you trade premium collection like vertical spreads, do you normally leave the position on until expiration or does it depend on how long you’ve been in the position?
- Easy answer! Anka doesn’t trade options.
Q: What if you take an impulse trade and it is successful?
- That’s called luck! Don’t count on it to happen again
Q: If you had the power to make something required reading for every high school senior in the world, what would that be?
- Having It All by John Assaraf
Q: What is the next step in your evolution as a trader?
Anka wants to help more traders on their journey to become successful traders!
Q: What is the best way to get in touch with you?
- You can email Anka at email@example.com
- You can also contact her via Facebook, Twitter or YouTube!
- Traderview Episode 006 - Show Notes
3 Action Steps
- Get educated
- Respect the market
- Have a trading plan
How to Get More Free Training from Anka Metcalf
Get More Free Training from Anka Metcalf: tradeoutloud.com/FREE
Resources and Links
TradeOutLoud’s Facebook - www.facebook.com/TradeOutLoud
Anka’s Twitter - https://twitter.com/AnkaMetcalf
TradeOutLoud’s YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/TradeOutLoud
Think or Swim – www.thinkorswim.com
Having It All by John Assaraf - http://amzn.to/2fmfQl0
About Anka Metcalf
Help Us Out (Review and Share)If you had just ONE "a-ha" moment during this podcast, or got at least one good resource out of it, please help us spread the word by sharing this page via your favorite social media account, and by giving us an honest review on iTunes. It only takes 30 seconds and you'll be helping out fellow traders and creating all sorts of good karma. Click one of the buttons below to share this podcast. Then CLICK HERE for instructions on how to leave a review on iTunes. We'd love a 5-star review, but only if you really mean it -- it's important that your review is completely honest. Thanks for helping us spread the word!
Get Access to Our LIVE Trading Room
Watch "over the shoulder" of a professional trader (via webinar) as he trades LIVE in the markets, calling out trades well in advance so you can follow along in simulation and dramatically accelerate your progress toward your goals.
Get your questions answered, learn good money-management skills, and see the orders placed on the chart well before trades happens.
Most importantly, get personalized feedback on how to overcome the obstacles that have held you back so far in your trading career.
And it's all included when you join the WINNER'S Circle Membership at WINvesting.
Listen to and Download the Podcast
SHORT VERSION (01:01:03)